The mesmerizing hill town of Darjeeling has always been an eternal love for mountain and nature lovers for decades. And during winter, this beautiful hill station bustles with crowds every year of tourists who want to get a glimpse of snowfall and tour the city basking in the warm sun. If you are also planning your next trip to Darjeeling in the winter months, then this travel guide is definitely going to make your winter vacation worth cherishing and memorable.
- Batasia Loop: This beautiful spiral garden is an engineering marvel that was constructed in the colonial era to counter the steep slope of the Darjeeling Himalayan railway. The place has a spiral railway track for the toy train to chug through comfortably. The term Batasia means airy space which aptly fits the place offering a spectacular view of Kanchenjunga and a 360-degree view of Darjeeling city. This beautiful spot is decked up with lush green gardens of seasonal bloom and is maintained like a park.
- Rangit Valley Ropeway: If you love adventure, then Rangit Valley Ropeway is a must-try during your visit to Darjeeling in winter. This ropeway ride offers a mesmerizing view of the lush green valley, tea estates, and snow-capped mountain peaks from the top.
- Rimbick: Another must-visit spot in Darjeeling you must visit in winter is this small town in the Singalila national park. Trekkers consider this heaven which is home to different mountain species like the red panda.
- Peace Pagoda: This ancient Buddhist temple in Darjeeling is a must-visit during winter, surrounded by lush greenery. Situated in west point, Darjeeling, this divine white Buddhist shrine houses 4 avatars of Lord Buddha.
- Neora Valley National Park: If you have a passion for wildlife photography, this place is heaven for you. Located in Kalimpong, this national park houses a diverse range of flora and fauna besides wild charming valleys, waterfalls, and hills. Winter is also the best time to trek here.
- Tiger Hill: Visiting Tiger hill is a must in the wee hours of the morning to witness the spectacular view of the rising sun peaking from behind the Kanchenjunga. Though the spine-chilling breeze can make you numb but is worth visiting to get a glimpse of the divine nature’s show.
- Samthar Plateau: One of the best destinations to visit in Darjeeling during the winter to escape the crowd and explore nature to the fullest. This place is the perfect getaway to breathtaking views.
- Ghoom Monastery: Ghoom monastery is the famous Buddhist shrine established by Lama Sherab Gyatso and is famous for housing several Buddhist manuscripts and records from the past. This is the perfect place to go for achieving spiritual solace amidst the serene nature.
- Rock Garden: This beautiful spot in Darjeeling is decked up like a park with a beautiful garden and other attractions. The aerial view from the garden offers soothing views of the emerald tea garden sprawled through the valley.
- Sandakphu Trek: Situated at a height of 11,941 from the ground level, Sandakphu is the highest Himalayan range in West Bengal. Winter is the best time for this thrilling trek to witness the breathtaking views of the snow-capped Himalayas and explore the diverse range of flora and fauna.
Are you all set to pack your winter luggage for Darjeeling trip? Then book your cozy stay at Anutrihill resort, one of the coziest luxury resorts in this beautiful hill station to visit our recommended offbeat tourist spots in Darjeeling. This highly rated Darjeeling resort is best known for its amazing surroundings and for offering spectacular views of the Batasia Loop on the left and Kanchenjunga to the right.